We have a lot of cookbooks. A lot. Two bookcases (the tall ones) stuffed with books. Oh, we weeded a few out. There are some with nary a drop of oil or puff of flour tarnishing their pages.
But it's (especially) Mister's thing, and it feels comforting to have them.
Here are a few shelves. Three, and only partial shots of them, of the 10 or so?
- How To Cook Everything: Simple Recipes for Great Food
- How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food
- Fish Forever: The Definitive Guide to Understanding, Selecting, and Preparing Healthy, Delicious, and Environmentally Sustainable Seafood
- A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table
- Breakfast, Lunch, Tea: The Many Little Meals of Rose Bakery
- The Zuni Cafe Cookbook: A Compendium of Recipes and Cooking Lessons from San Francisco's Beloved Restaurant
- Sunday Suppers at Lucques: Seasonal Recipes from Market to Table
- A Platter of Figs and Other Recipes
- The Art of Simple Food: Notes, Lessons, and Recipes from a Delicious Revolution
- Super Natural Cooking: Five Delicious Ways to Incorporate Whole and Natural Foods into Your Cooking
- I Am Almost Always Hungry: Seasonal Menus and Memorable Recipes
- Seven Fires: Grilling the Argentine Way (technically this is not baking)
- Baking Artisan Bread: 10 Expert Formulas for Baking Better Bread at Home
- The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion: The All-Purpose Baking Cookbook
- The Bread Bible
- Home Baking: The Artful Mix of Flour and Traditions from Around the World
- Bread Alone: Bold Fresh Loaves from Your Own Hands
- Secrets of a Jewish Baker: Recipes for 125 Breads from Around the World
- Bread: A Baker's Book of Techniques and Recipes
The picklers and some breakfast:
- The River Cottage Cookbook
- The Good Egg: More Than 200 Fresh Approaches from Soup to Dessert
- The Joy of Pickling: 200 Flavor-Packed Recipes for All Kinds of Produce from Garden or Market
- Jam It, Pickle It, Cure It: And Other Cooking Projects
- Eat What You Want and Die Like a Man: The World's Unhealthiest Cookbook
- Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving
Someone helped me clear the bottom shelf.
And she did a bit of sorting, flinging useless items to over her shoulder.