Today, we met up with friends at the park. They live in Westchester and have toddlers and a newborn, so their lives are wonderfully nutty, too.
I got us dressed, well, three of us anyway, and a snack pack for Rabbit. Sliced tomatoes, pulled together the bag of clothes for our friend's new girl, out the door, kabaam.
After a lovely morning during which Rabbit fell asleep in my arms while at the park, the first time this has ever happened, all because I could and was sitting with him, we went home. Rabbit woke up, Bama went to sleep, I took the boy for a walk. Mister nodded off for a much-needed snooze, as well.
People, I killed it. Granted, it's 1:39am and I'm officially crazy for being up this late, but here's what I accomplished between 4pm and 1:35am.
- Dinner: sauteed brussel sprouts, sauteed eggplant, steaks (medium to medium rare), salad with mustard vinaigrette (thank you, Canal House, for making me like mustard vinaigrette).
- Put Rabbit to bed.
- Finished a chapter of my book while puttering.
- Braised the bone-in pork butt. YEP. It's beautiful and it's Sunday supper. Sweet.
- Made a treasure bag for our friend's daughter's birthday.
- Joked with my husband.
- Read a bit of the newspaper.
- Ate a bowl of cereal.
Good night. Photos later.